My account frozen/blocked. Why?
If your account is temporarily blocked or frozen, it may be due to a report suggesting a possible violation of our Community Guidelines. This could be reported by another user or detected by our safety system. While this can certainly be frustrating, this procedure is crucial to ensure that Coffee Meets Bagel remains a safe and trustworthy platform for all our users.
How do I unfreeze/unblock my account?
To unfreeze or unblock your account, first, update your app to the latest version and try logging in. The app will provide you with the status of your account and clear instructions on how to unfreeze it. If your account was flagged for false identity concerns, you would be able to unfreeze it after completing an identity verification. However, if the violation pertained to behavioral issues (like the use of inappropriate language), you would need to wait until our Safety & Trust team completes their investigation.
Please note that identity verification can take up to 48 hours, and we appreciate your patience during this process.
Why was my identity verification request rejected?
If your identity verification request was rejected, it could be due to a few reasons:
- Invalid ID - Please ensure that you've submitted an ID type accepted by our system (Driver’s License, Passport, National ID). Unaccepted IDs include Pension Book, Resident Card, Temporary Driver’s License, and Student ID Cards.
- Age Limit - Coffee Meets Bagel users must be at least 18 years old.
- Quality of ID - The submitted ID must be clear, valid, and legible. Damaged, expired, or obscured IDs will be rejected.
Why has my identity verification expired?
If your identity verification has expired, this is a standard security measure and happens 24 hours after initiating the process. To resume an expired verification process, please reach out to our support team.
Why am I receiving "failed to capture screenshot and/or the Play icon" when prompted to take a photo of my driver's license and a selfie?
If you're encountering issues while taking a photo of your ID or a selfie and receive a "failed to capture screenshot and/or the Play icon" message, it could be because your device is in Low Power Mode or isn't adequately charged. Certain devices limit video functions to save power, which may interfere with the verification process.
How do I enable camera permissions during the identity verification process?
If you received the "We can't access your camera" message during the Persona verification flow, you need to enable camera permissions for your device and/or browser.
Here are some ways to enable camera permissions for your browser and device type:
If you're using Chrome, please follow the steps in the relevant link below:
If you're on Safari, please follow the appropriate steps below:
- For Desktop
- For mobile devices below iOS 13, check your "Camera & Microphone Access" in your Settings:
- Go to Settings on your device
- Scroll down and open Safari
- Ensure "Camera" is set to "Ask" or "Allow."
For mobile devices on iOS 13, tap the "AA" icon in the URL bar in the top left. Then tap "Website Settings," which will enable you to set camera permissions to "Allow or Ask" instead of "Deny."
If you're viewing the Persona verification flow via an iOS or Android app, check your device settings:
- Go to Settings on your device
- Go to Apps
- Find the app that you wish to enable camera permissions for
- Find the App Settings and allow camera permissions
Still stuck? We're here for you! Submit a request here