If you can’t sign in with your iOS device, here are a few ways you can troubleshoot the issue. But before you start, check for any CMB app updates available on your App Store. To ensure you have the latest version, try deleting and reinstalling your CMB app.
(Note: You must be on iOS 13 or higher to successfully download and operate the CMB app.)
Allow cookies on an iOS device for Facebook sign-in
If your phone doesn’t allow cookies, it can block Facebook. Follow these steps to troubleshoot:
- On your device, go to Settings.
- Tap on Safari.
- Switch on the Block All Cookies toggle. (We recommend closing all windows in your browser, closing Safari, and then reopening Safari to be sure it refreshes.)
- Close the CMB app. (You can do this by double-tapping on your Home button or swiping up on the CMB app.)
- Re-open your Settings on your device.
- Tap on Safari.
- Tap Clear History and Website Data. Switch off the Block Pop-ups toggle. (You may turn this back on after you’ve completed all steps.)
- Open Safari and go to http://www.facebook.com/.
- Sign into your Facebook account that’s tied to your CMB account.
- Re-launch CMB and try signing in again.
Wi-Fi vs. Cellular data on an iOS device for Facebook/Mobile sign-in:
If you’re using wi-fi, try turning your wi-fi off and use cellular data instead. If the CMB app works, you might have connectivity issues with your wi-fi.
If you’re using cellular data and the CMB app still isn’t allowing you to sign in, double-check that you’ve allowed the app to use data. If the issue persists, try going to your iCloud settings and turn off Safari syncing. Then repeat the above steps.
Still can’t sign into your account? Reach out to us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help you.